About the Product
We have built an integrated B2B software product, CapGuru. The platform helps manage equity ownership structures for private ﬁrms and enables them to control all their documents and issue securities from a single place.
About the Position
This position has both high autonomy and high responsibility – the company’s executive leadership has a clear vision to execute, but it will be up to you to drive the execution. That’s why we need someone who’s conﬁdent, friendly, well-reasoned, and internally motivated.
You would be responsible for understanding the business domain, becoming familiar with the architecture of the Rails app, understanding and clarifying the specs provided by the business, reviewing bug reports, ticketing issues in GitHub, performing code reviews, executing some high-complexity code yourself, and generally guiding the team.
This position is 100% remote. We oﬀer compensation based on experience, some very cool engineering challenges, and a smart team that’s great to work with.
You have at least 8 years of serious web development experience, and you’ve been a productive member of a successful dev team before. You’re a thoughtful, eﬀective communicator who could lead a small team. As a leader, you’re deeply considerate of your work – before you execute anything, you consider how it ﬁts the business goals, and whether it’s the best way to proceed. You feel comfortable recommending improvements and alternatives. You know how to handle responsibility. You’re conﬁdent you can hit the ground running.
Skills & Requirements
- Ruby on Rails (strongly preferred, other equivalent OOP and framework experience will be considered for the right candidate)
- TDD/BDD experience
- Postgres or equivalent SQL knowledge
- Github pull request workﬂow
- Understands uptime and scaling considerations
- Eﬀective communication
- Proven track record in clean domain-driven design
- Learns new business domain quickly
- Strong leadership skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in ﬁnance, banking, or cap table management
- Finance degree
- Located in Canada
- Experience with Stripe, Quickbooks, or HR software